The essential but often ignored Socks can make or break your adventure. A suitable pair of socks are a must have for any hiker, runner, climber or outdoor enthusiast.
Over many years and on many adventures, inc. Everest BC and Mt Kilimanjaro, I discovered that 1000 Mile Socks are so comfortable, durable and cool; they feel like I’m walking on a luxurious, deep pile carpet. Importantly they really help to protect my feet and prevent blisters so I truly enjoy my days on the trail.
My, not so secret, few basic Tips, for Healthy Feet
· Check your feet regularly
· Wash your feet every day, and dry them well, especially between your
· Trim your toenails; Lads, a pedicure is cool but a paint job is
· Avoid dry & cracking by moisturising regularly
· Wear the correct footwear for the event / adventure
· Double check your shoes are the right size- train in the socks you intend to
· Rotate your footwear; trainers or camp shoes after a day’s trekking
· Wear suitable socks and change them as often as possible – daily is more
· Cricket /golf ball foot massage. Relaxes and loosens tight muscles and
ligaments. Keeping the plantar fascia loose – helps to promote recovery
and healing from a hard days trekking!
*Consult with a podiatrist if you have any concerns; not just about an
injury or footwear but how your foot and ankle impacts the rest of the body.