It is essential to know how to use a compass, it is a skill that everyone who enjoys the outdoors; trekkers, orienteers, kayakers and sailors will find indispensable.
A map and a compass are still my basics for navigating and locating my position with confidence and ultimately surviving the wilderness.
My favourite is the navigation Suunto MC-2 G Mirror Compass, and a great sighting compass for global mountaineers; insensitive to water pressure, handy for sailor and adventurous kayakers. It is accurate, durable and able to handle the difficult conditions encountered in our changing world….
- Fast globally balanced needle with jewel bearing
- 20 degrees tilt margin for easier readings
- Adjustable declination correction
- Liquid filled capsule for stable operation
- Mirror for sighting bearings and signaling
- Sighting hole and notch for accurate bearings
- Luminescent markings for working in low light
- Metric UTM scales and inch ruler
- Baseplate with magnifying lens
- Detachable snap-lock lanyard with wristlock. Easy to detach for working with the map
- Suunto limited lifetime warranty
- Made in Finland