- The ‘S.O.S. ‘ Emergency sound signal is three prolonged whistle blasts—then three short blasts—then three prolonged blasts—then pause and repeat.
- Blowing a whistle 3 times, wait 30 seconds, and repeat is the internationally distress signal.
- One blast – Where are you?
- Two blasts – Used to signal a halt during a sound and light search.
- Five blasts – Danger signal (usually shipping)
Blast for help, loudly and hold for approx. 3 seconds. I can personally confirm the Acme Survival Whistle can be heard as far as a mile away.
*** If you can be heard, you can be found and rescued!!!