Healthy feet are the essential foundation for an active life
- Check your feet regularly
- Wash your feet every day
- Dry them well, especially between your toes
- Avoid dry & cracking by moisturising regularly
- Wear the correct footwear for the event / adventure
- Double check your shoes are the right size
- Train in the shoes & socks you intend to wear
- Change socks as often as possible – daily is more sociable
- Rotate your footwear; trainers or camp shoes after a day’s trekking
- Roll-a-ball under your feet; it relaxes tight muscles & ligaments.
- Trim your toenails; Lads, a pedicure is cool but a paint job is questionable!
*Consult with a podiatrist if you have any concerns; not just your about an injury or footwear but how your foot and ankle impacts the rest of the body.
I am blessed with finding a first class podiatrist, Martin Parry, who represented the Royal Navy and Royal Marines in Triathlons. In addition to his finding the solution to your Foot and Ankle problem; he understands how we, who enjoy challenges, think and react……