Etiquette on the Trail
My, not so secret tips on Tent Etiquette
- Keep the inside your tent clean and tidy, OCD works!
- Take your shoes/boots off before you get in the tent
- Change your socks daily
- Respecting personal space and quiet times
- Establish a routine to share tent tasks
- Personal hygiene; breathe, pits and private bits!!!
- Weakest bladder nearest the door/flap
My, not so secret tips on the Trail Etiquette
- Leave No trace, only footprints
- Be prepared to share
- Make an effort to be friendly and talk to everybody
- Dispose of all trash properly
- If nature calls – leave the trail & bury
- Paper, grass or leaves for hygiene
What to bring when hiking – a smile and a kind word!
My, ‘not so’ secret Toilet tips in the Cold
- Boys – Pee with the wind at your back!
- Girls – Pee facing the wind!
- All poo facing the wind!
- If using a bucket, when you’ve finished, give it a couple of firm taps with your foot to let the poo come to rest; this will prevent a frozen stalagmite of poo from forming.
*You, nor your colleagues, want a frozen surprise on the next visit…